Skip to content
- Discuss the Great Fire with the children
- Read from my book – get the children to predict what will happen next.
- Show how a book is published – the different stages from hand-written scrawl, through finding an illustrator and putting text and pictures together to the finished book.
- Talk about the senses – how the five senses are engaged through fire – encourage widening of vocabulary.
- Show and read from copy of Pepys diary.
- Demonstrate my simple model of Mr Keeling’s fire engine.
- Children to complete worksheets – questions/simple crossword etc
- Sell copies of The Great Fire of London and other books if the school suggest that.